When we release our conception of what writing “should” be and allow the wisdom held in our bodies to guide our pens, we express our true selves. Creative writing—memoir, fiction, poetry, and creative nonfiction—evolves naturally and fearlessly out of these explorations.
Centered Writing Practice™, a body-centered freewriting technique devised by Peggy Millin, is the core of ClarityWorks’ writing classes, workshops, and writing retreats. This distinctly feminine approach to the creative process opens the way for us as women to dive deeply into the heart of what matters to us and to express that in our writing. The resulting confidence manifests as the courage to face perceived obstacles in the external world and as the fearlessness to move past vulnerability to confront the self-erected limitations of the inner world.
As women, we yearn for a different approach to writing. No matter our age or writing experience, participants discover that the courage and fearlessness developed through Centered Writing Practice™ spill over to all aspects of our lives. Fearlessness and the resultant healing happens effortlessly as we share our writing in the community of the writing circle. Our stories lead us into discovery of the deepest part of ourselves and become the avenue for learning from one another.
Once we have spoken our truth, we can, if we wish, craft the product—novel, short story, memoir, poem, essay—with our school-learned tools. The work we have created in written form then reflects the complexity and fullness of our human experience.
Writing teacher, Writing coach
- Classes are small, with groups of 12 or fewer women.
- Peggy participates fully and writes alongside her students.
- Inspiration, understanding, and support come from the entire group.
- The individual can choose to work on a specific project within the circle.
- Individual attention is given to your writing.
- The structure allows time for both writing and group interaction.
- Results are concrete —a full notebook of ideas, memories, prompts, and writing tips
Explore your voice. Learn about upcoming writing opportunities.
Order Peggy Tabor Millin’s workshop , and
jump-start your creative journey!